Thursday, April 08, 2010

Homemade

I have always like do it yourself but I suck at it! I can remember growing up if I wanted to repaint my room or something my mom would say ok do it and we would do it not perfect mind you but we did it! We even put wood shelves in my closet as a teenager. Then I went through a time where I wanted everything new store bought not redone but now I am wanting to do it myself again. I am starting to realize it doesn't have to be brand new store bought to look great!! We started while building this house. Me and Boyd with the help of a friend put up the wood plank walls. We also bought, put down and finished the wood floors upstair in the play room. Boyd and a friend also put up the trim and painted the whole house. Oh and they also put up the hardie plank siding on the outside of the house. Oh and we laid the sod ourselves. We did it to save money but now I am glad we did it b/c I am sooo much more proud and in love with this house b/c of all the hardwork, time and sweat we put into it. Anyway, I am also making or redoing some stuff to decorate the house. Me and my mom made the curtains for the living room.(see photo below) I also recovered one of my chairs that was suede and had gotten stained from a little boy in a wet bathing suit! Imagine that!! LOL Oh how I love my boys!! I recovered it using a painters drop cloth from Lowes!!! Got the ideal from another womans blog, thanks Marley



Before

(photo from target.com)

After




3 Comments:

Blogger JLSawyer said...

Good job Carrie! Looks great!!!

April 08, 2010 11:37 AM  
Blogger Gretta said...

Your chair looks GREAT! I haven't been brave enough to tackle an upholstery re-do yet. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Can't wait to read more on yours & share homeschooling adventures together. Will let you know if we make it down to Montgomery. I have a very good family friend who lives in Wetumpka also...what a small world! :)

April 24, 2010 8:36 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Hi Carrie,
I love homemade too. And the imperfections make it warmer and more interesting. I really love the planked walls, doesn't it make everything look better? The chair looks great too.
Have a great weekend
Janice

May 01, 2010 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home